The curriculum is designed to address seven core areas of learning viz : Languages, Humanities, Mathematics, Science and Technology, Health and Physical Education, Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Computer Science.
Major Contents of our Curriculum Learning area in Middle/Secondary classes
The contents are designed to shape and enhance the prowess of our students.
1. Languages include Hindi, English, Sanskrit, French with focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with developing effective communicating proficiencies.
2. Social Science (Geography, History, Economics and Political Science) include the learning of history and culture, geographical environment, global institutions, constitutional values and norms, politics, economy, interpersonal and social interactions, civic responsibilities, and the incorporation of the above-mentioned learning into one’s life.
3. Performing and Visual Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting, Crafts) include music, instructions in these arts, aiming to help learners cultivate an interest and appreciation for arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, value arts, and the cultural heritage.
4. Science and technology (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science) include gaining knowledge about matter and energy, nature, the environment, technology, breakthroughs in science. It will focus on knowledge and skills to develop scientific attitude, use and application of such knowledge and skills to improve that quality of life and further use this learning to analyze evaluate, synthesis, create, invent and discover.
5. Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in their daily life. It also includes understanding of the principals of reasoning and problem solving.
6. Health and physical Education focuses on the learning for holistic development like mental and physical. Understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being and the factors that contribute to them. Focus of this curriculum is on helping learners develop a positive attitude and commitment to lifelong healthy active living and the capacity to live satisfying productive lives with the help of proper health management, sports fitness and lifestyle choices.
These six learning areas are integrated with each other in terms of knowledge, skills (life and livelihood), comprehension, values and attitudes. Learners get opportunities to connect between different areas of knowledge and application. They are encouraged to cognize and appreciate the interconnectedness of all knowledge and the enduring connection between knowledge and values.