For the purpose of fostering core competences in learners, the curriculum encompasses seven major learning areas, which are: Languages, Mathematics, Sciences, Commerce, Health and Physical Education.
Science Stream: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Education & Computer Science.
Commerce Stream: English, Mathematics, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Physical Education & Informatics Practices.
Major Contents of each curriculum learning Area in Senior Secondary Classes:
1. Language includes English and focuses on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with developing effective communicating proficiencies.
2. Science and Technology (Subjects related to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science & Informatics Practices) include gaining knowledge about matter and energy, nature, the environment, technology, breakthroughs in science. It will focus on knowledge and skills to develop scientific attitude, use and application of such knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life and further use this learning to analyse, evaluate, synthesize, create, invent and discover.
3. Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in their daily life. It also includes understanding of the principles of reasoning and problem solving.
4. Commerce (Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics) includes gaining understanding about core business disciplines like the exchange of items of value of products between persons or companies and any such exchange of money for a product, service, or information is considered a deal of commerce.
5. Health and Physical Education focuses on the learning for holistic development like mental and physical. Understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being and the factors that contribute to them. Focus of this curriculum is on helping learners develop a positive attitude and commitment to lifelong healthy active living and the capacity to life satisfying, productive lives with the help of proper health management, sports, fitness and lifestyle choices.
These five learning areas are to be integrated with each other in terms of knowledge, skills (life and livelihood), comprehension, values and attitudes. Learners get opportunities to connect between different areas of knowledge and application. They are encouraged to cognize and appreciate the interconnectedness of all knowledge and the enduring connection between knowledge and values. Their education should help them to connect the content of their learning areas and subjects with their own lives and the world around them. The holistic nature of human learning and knowledge should be brought forth throughout the scholastic courses and learning.